Erika Malm Collective is pleased to offer a two-year, post-graduate (MSW, MHC, MFT) fellowship in individual and family therapy. This 20-25 hours per week fellowship is a unique training opportunity for Master’s level clinicians, both in clinical practice and the business of developing, running, and maintaining a private practice.
Erika Malm, LCSW, is the founder and director of Erika Malm Collective, a private practice in the Flatiron District of Manhattan dedicated to providing high quality treatment to adults and adolescents. For more information about Erika and her experience, click here.
The clinical training is based in a foundation of Attachment Theory—with the premise that people thrive emotionally and physically when in healthy, connected relationships. Additionally, training will include the burgeoning fields of research in both neuroplasticity and spirituality.
This mix of attachment, neuroscience and spirituality inform a compassionate approach to treating patients with some of the following presentations:
- Stress / Anxiety
- Unipolar and Bipolar Depression
- Eating Disorders
- History of Trauma or PTSD
- Personality Disorders / Maladaptive Coping Styles
- Relationship Issues / Interpersonal Challenges (Personal / Professional)
- Grief / Bereavement
- Financial Issues
- Career Challenges
Fellows will receive supervision from clinicians trained in the following treatment interventions: Psychodynamic psychotherapy; Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT); Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for couples; Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT); Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR); Sensorimotor Psychotherapy; Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) for the treatment of trauma; spiritual practices (including meditation, medical QiGong, hypnosis & mindfulness practices); and psychedelic integration.
Additionally, fellows will receive supervision in how and when to reach out for consultation from other practitioners (primary medical doctors, nutritionists, acupuncturists, energy workers, psychiatrists), and how to make use of a team-based approach to treatment.
Holding the needs of our patients and the ethics of clinical practice at the forefront, fellows will learn how to set boundaries, create policies, and maximize earnings. Additional training will include fee setting, networking, marketing, writing, and resources for obtaining supervision/consultation. At the end of this two-year training, graduating fellows will be equipped to create a thriving private practice.
A minimum of 20 patient sessions per week is required. Fellows will also be required to facilitate an outpatient group series throughout their commitment. Applicants must be available to work, one evening until 9PM, and one morning starting at 8AM, as well as on Saturday.
Fellows will receive individual and group supervision. Fellowship hours count towards licensure. A 2-year commitment is required.
- Completion of Master’s degree with a permit for licensure, (LMSW, MHC-LP, MFT)
- Experience with assessment, diagnostic formulation, collaboration and consultation
- Personal experience as a patient in psychotherapy or psychoanalysis
Ideal Additional Experience
- Inpatient, PHP or IOP care (either as part of training or employment)
- Working as a member of an interdisciplinary team (with psychiatrists, nurses, nutritionists, primary medical doctors)
- Crisis intervention or disaster mental health, or working with individuals who have been traumatized
- Couples and family work in an outpatient setting
- One year of post-graduate work in a clinical setting providing individual psychotherapy
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to navigate collegiate and patient relationships
- Capacity for self-reflection and a curiosity about areas of growth and challenge
- Strong writing skills
- 3 hours of supervision/week (1 individual, two groups)
- Upon successful completion of the fellowship, graduates will be equipped to create a thriving private practice
- Upon successful completion of the fellowship, graduates can choose to take caseload into their private practice (at discretion of patients)
- Upon successful completion of the fellowship, growth opportunities to work within the practice
- Competitive hourly rate
- PTO available
Please email cover letter, CV, and two references to email@example.com with “Fellowship Application” in the subject line.
*Erika Malm Collective is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.